Delta Region Community Health Systems Development Program
The Delta Regional Authority (DRA), in collaboration with the Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), is launching the Delta Region Community Health Systems Development – Technical Assistance Pilot Program. The purpose of this program is to enhance health care delivery in the Delta Region through intensive technical assistance to providers in select rural communities, including critical access hospitals, small rural hospitals, rural health clinics and other healthcare organizations.
In-depth and long-term technical assistance to a select number of identified communities in the Delta Region will be provided for, but not limited to, the following:
- Improving hospital or clinic financial operations;
- Implementing quality improvement activities to promote the development of an evidence-based culture leading to improved health outcomes;
- Increasing use of telehealth to address gaps in clinical service delivery and improve access to care;
- Enhancing coordination of care;
- Strengthening the local health care system to improve population health;
- Providing social services to address broader socio-economic challenges faced by patients (e.g., housing, child care, energy assistance, access to healthy food, elderly support services, job training, etc.);
- Ensuring access to and availability of emergency medical services (EMS);
- Identifying workforce recruitment and retention resources targeted to rural communities; and
- Other areas to be determined in consultation with HRSA and DRA.
How to Apply
Notices of Intent to Apply for the Delta Region Community Health Systems Development – Technical Assistance Pilot Program are due no later than 5:00pm U.S. Central Standard Time on September 29, 2017.
E-mail your application to email@example.com. Subject line: Application for Technical Assistance.
- Applications are due Friday, September 29, 2017 by 5:00pm U.S. Central Standard Time
- Selections will be announced in the 4th Quarter of 2017