Project Management Specialist
The Delta Regional Authority (“DRA” or “the Agency”) is an independent federal agency created by Congress in the “Delta Regional Authority Act of 2000” that serves 252 counties and parishes in an eight-state region: Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, and Tennessee. DRA operates as a federal-state partnership and works with its local development districts by utilizing market-proven processes to improve economic outcomes and enhance the quality of life for the people in its region. DRA makes strategic investments of federal appropriations into projects supporting basic public infrastructure, transportation improvements, business development with an emphasis on entrepreneurship, and workforce development.
Together, the Federal Co-Chairman – who is appointed by the President and confirmed by the U.S. Senate – the Alternate Federal Co-Chairman, and DRA’s Board of Governors, seek to foster local and regional partnerships that address economic and social challenges to ultimately strengthen the Delta economy and quality of life for Delta residents.
JOB TITLE: Project Management Specialist
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: The position reports directly to the Director of Project Development and Management. The individual will be relied upon to handle long-range assignments, as well as day-to-day operations.
POSITION LOCATION: Little Rock, AR; Clarksdale, MS; or pre-determined DRA state
POSITION SUMMARY: The Project Management Specialist is directly responsible for assisting with program management activities which may include, but are not limited to, coordination with DRA staff and other local, state and federal partners as required. This position will provide review and opinion of grant applications, technical assistance to applicants and project managers, project monitoring and compliance oversight and complete and accurate project files.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Project Management Specialist will work closely with other DRA staff to assist in the administration of various funding programs as directed.
- These duties will include providing the review and opinion of submitted applications and various project related requests. These include, but are not limited to, pre and post-award actions; tracking and follow-up of awards administered by DRA; effectively communicating, both written and verbal, with other agencies and entities; and demonstrating organizational skills with both electronic and paper files.
- Maintaining project files to ensure compliance with audit standards.
- Coordinating the day-to-day activities within the Office of Project Development and Management.
- Monitoring active projects for compliance related issues relevant to the desired successful outcomes of awarded projects.
- Traveling to site locations within the 8-state Delta region, which may require multi-day travel assignments.
- Provide necessary reports on department activities and/or program outcomes to the Director of Project Development and Management as needed or requested by senior management.
EDUCATION: A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year accredited college or university in public administration, business management, planning or related field.
EXPERIENCE Three (3) years of experience with duties pertaining to construction, project management, funding program coordination, application review, and/or project implementation. The preferred candidate will have some experience in the field of civil engineering.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with Microsoft Office products, including: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, OneDrive.
- Assist, as needed, during events, meetings, conferences, etc., including but not limited to, setup, attendance, participation, etc.
- Work closely with outside contractors, such as: website developers and marketing firms to assist with the development and production of collateral materials and website improvements.
- Provide technical support to Local Development Districts (LDD)s and others.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions.
- Audio-visual discrimination and perception sufficient to: 1) make accurate observations; 2) read and write; 3) operate assigned equipment; and 4) communicate effectively with others;
- A mental capacity for: 1) logical and fact-based decision-making and exercising good judgment; and 2) evaluating and properly interpreting DRA established rules and regulations;
- A physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which will include but may not be limited to the following: 1) standing, walking, sitting for extended periods of time; and 2) use of hands and fingers or adaptive equipment to safely operate assigned equipment;
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle; ability to obtain a valid driver’s license; and the ability to travel and potentially work odd hours while performing essential functions.
COMPENSATION: Salary ranges from $55,000-$65,000 based upon education, experience and the local job market.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter, resume with no more than three references, and writing samples (including a press release, op-ed, and social media post(s)) to email@example.com with the subject line: Project Management Specialist