Delta Region Community Health Systems Development Program
The Delta Regional Authority, in collaboration with the Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), has implemented the Delta Region Community Health Systems Development – Technical Assistance Program.
The purpose of this program is to enhance healthcare delivery in the Delta Region through intensive technical assistance to providers in select rural communities, including critical access hospitals, small rural hospitals, rural health clinics and other healthcare organizations.
In-depth and long-term technical assistance to communities in the Delta Region will be provided for, but not limited to, the following:
- Improving hospital or clinic financial operations;
- Implementing quality improvement activities to promote the development of an evidence-based culture leading to improved health outcomes;
- Increasing use of telehealth to address gaps in clinical service delivery and improve access to care;
- Enhancing coordination of care;
- Strengthening the local health care system to improve population health;
- Providing social services to address broader socio-economic challenges faced by patients (e.g., housing, child care, energy assistance, access to healthy food, elderly support services, job training, etc.);
- Ensuring access to and availability of emergency medical services (EMS);
- Identifying workforce recruitment and retention resources targeted to rural communities; and
- Other areas to be determined in consultation with HRSA and DRA.
How to Apply
The application process for the Delta Region Community Health Systems Development Program is a continuous cycle and may be submitted any time during the year.
Applications are to be submitted through the National Rural Health Resource Center’s “Eligibility and Application” website or by clicking on the button below. For questions regarding the application process, please contact DRA’s Health Programs Manager, Christina Wade, at firstname.lastname@example.org.