DRA encourages applicants and those interested in the Delta Doctors program to utilize the federal and state resources to identify opportunities for placement and build a network that will support you in finding a placement.
Administered by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the Conrad 30 Waiver Program allows J-1 foreign medical graduates (FMGs) to apply for a waiver of the two-year foreign residence requirement upon completion of the J-1 exchange visitor program. See section 214(l) of the Immigration Nationality Act (INA). The program addresses the shortage of qualified doctors in medically underserved areas.
For information on state-specific Conrad 30 plans, follow the links below:
- U.S. Department of Labor-Bureau of Labor Statistics
- U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services-Health Resources and Services Administration
- Shortage Designations by U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service Case Status Service
- Alabama Department of Public Health
- Alabama Hospital Association
- The Medical Association of the State of Alabama
- Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals
- Louisiana Hospital Association
- Louisiana State Medical Society
- Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services
- Missouri Hospital Association
- Missouri State Medical Association
National and State Organizations
- Directory of State Offices of Rural Health
- State Offices of Rural Health & Rural Health Associations
- American Medical Association
- National Association of Community Health Centers
- The National Rural Recruitment and Retention Network
Disclaimer: The websites referenced herein are only suggested resources for physicians and employers and are in no way endorsed by the Delta Regional Authority.