DRA’s Response to COVID-19
The Delta Regional Authority continues to actively monitor the COVID19 situation and associated public health guidance. The following is an update on our status and any modifications we have made to ensure the health of staff and partners while also continuing operations:
- In recognition of Governor Reeves' shelter in place declaration, DRA's Clarksdale office will be closed to all staff for the next two weeks. This will limit our ability to access necessary files for reimbursement requests during this time. All requests received through April 2nd at 5PM will be processed. All other requests will be processed when the declaration is lifted and DRA staff are able to return to the office.
- DRA staff are currently teleworking, and the agency will continue to follow the guidelines issued by the Office of Management and Budget regarding this.
- Until further notice, the SEDAP grant application deadline remains May 31, 2020.
- The Delta Workforce Program’s Technical Assistance workshops in Little Rock, Memphis, Montgomery, Monroe, and Jackson have been postponed and as of now we plan to reschedule them at a date to be determined. Prospective applicants are encouraged to visit www.dra.gov/workforce for virtual resources and updated information.
- Options for conducting the remaining Delta Leadership Institute sessions are currently being evaluated.
- Outreach initiatives and communications efforts will continue as usual.
PLEASE NOTE: We are assisting grantees who are unable to meet project goals or timelines due to the public health situation. If you are a current DRA grantee experiencing such challenges, please email your Local Development District as soon as possible for help with needed accommodations regarding your project’s deliverables, timelines, budget, or other operations. When emailing, please put your DRA project number in the subject line. This will make responding to your request easier.
Our focus during this time is to ensure continuity in delivering DRA’s programs and initiatives while supporting health and safety, and we will continue to incorporate necessary modifications as needed. We will continue to post DRA operational updates on dra.gov/coronavirus, and in forthcoming issues of the Delta News Round-up.
As all of us are having to adapt to a constantly evolving situation, we appreciate your patience with us and continued support for the agency and its mission.
Map of COVID-19 Cases in the Delta Region
The COVID-19 Cases in the Delta Region map displays the current number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the DRA footprint. Higher numbers of cases are marked by larger dots, while lower numbers of confirmed cases are represented by smaller dots. By clicking on a location, users can also see confirmed COVID-19 cases, and any related deaths, at the county level. This map is automatically updated every ten minutes by drawing on data collected by the Johns Hopkins University.
Map of County COVID-19 Cases & Planning Report
The County COVID-19 Cases & Planning Report map allows users to search by county or parish with enhanced COVID-19 case information and useful demographic information.
COVID-19 Federal Websites
Assistance for American Workers and Families
In the weeks immediately after the passage of the CARES Act, Americans will see fast and direct relief in the form of Economic Impact Payments. For more information, CLICK HERE.
Assistance for Small Businesses
The Paycheck Protection Program prioritizes millions of Americans employed by small businesses by authorizing up to $349 billion toward job retention and certain other expenses. Small businesses and eligible nonprofit organizations, Veterans organizations, and Tribal businesses described in the Small Business Act, as well as individuals who are self-employed or are independent contractors, are eligible if they also meet program size standards. For more information, CLICK HERE.
Paycheck Protection Program Resources
Information for Businesses:
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- Information for Communities, Schools, and Businesses
- Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations – Community Facilities
- SBA: COVID-19 Resources
- SBA: Supporting Small Businesses
- SBA: Disaster Assistance
- DOL: Guidance for Preparing Workplaces for Coronavirus
- DOL: OHSA Resources for Workers and Employers on COVID-19
- DOL: Unemployment Insurance Resource Map
- WHO: Get Your Workplace Ready for COVID-19
- CISA: Risk Management for COVID-19
- EPA: Disinfectants for Use Against COVID-19
- o PDF
Agency Resources and Information:
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Department of Defense
- U.S. Department of Education
- U.S. Department of Energy
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Department of Labor
- U.S. Department of State
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- U.S. Small Business Administration
What you should know:
- Workplace, School, and Home Guidance
- People at Risk for Serious Illness from COVID-19
- How COVID-19 Spreads
- Steps to Prevent Illness
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What to Do If You Are Sick with COVID-19
- Stigma Related to COVID-19
- Facts about COVID-19
- Information for People at Higher Risk and Special Populations
- Communication Resources